CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Micronesia Operations Manager
About OneReef Worldwide Stewardship
OneReef Worldwide Stewardship, with offices in Santa Cruz, California, and Koror, Palau, is a non-profit organization with a mission that supports vibrant reefs and thriving communities in the Republic of Palau (Palau), the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), and Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI).
We seek a Micronesia Operations Manager to join our team in Koror, Palau. A strong candidate can work with autonomy, is self-directed, interpersonally and politically astute, and is driven to serve the needs of Micronesia’s communities and leadership. If you are passionate about our mission, an excellent communicator, and adept in operational systems and processes, then OneReef is a great place to succeed.
The Micronesia Operations Manager is responsible for the successful operations of OneReef Micronesia, working to improve operational standards, set clear and achievable goals, and coach/mentor personnel in their professional development. The Micronesia Operations Manager assists and reports directly to the Micronesia Director of Strategy and works closely with the OneReef teams in Micronesia in the U.S.
- Actively pursue operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Oversee and report on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual work plan metrics
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Oversee finances
- Supervise Operations Coordinator, Accounting Officer, and other administrative staff
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including support of team relationships, communication processes, meeting structures, and strategies.
- Oversee communications with vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Work with the US Operations Manager on executing, refining, and developing organization-wide operational systems and processes.
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed and approved by OneReef Executive Team.
- Assist OneReef Directors in project planning, fundraising, reporting, evaluation, and learning.
Required Experience & Education:
- A degree in business management or other related fields;
- At least five years of experience with non-profit management, planning, budgeting, and accounting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all team members to seamlessly execute operations, reinforce positive morale, and uphold organizational values
- Detail-oriented organizational skills
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive functions and projects
- Ability to respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly
- Ability to make strong personal and professional judgments, particularly for hiring decisions
- Knowledge of the diverse political systems, cultural dynamics, traditional structures, and history of the Micronesian Region
- At least three years of experience in project management, implementation, and evaluation for community-based initiatives for marine or environmental conservation
- Ability to oversee research for special projects, respond timely to inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Excellent organizational management
- Excellent cross-cultural community engagement skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills
- Superior operational and financial management skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (Google docs, sheets, etc.)
- Fluent in English and at least one language from the Micronesian Region
Expression of Interest
Through this announcement, we invite individuals to submit an Expression of Interest in accordance with the instructions provided below:
- Letter expressing interest with a brief profile of the candidate (including contact information)
- Resume or CV for the last 10-15 years
- Three writing samples – one of each (professional email, report, or concept/proposal)
- Two references and their contact details
Expressions of Interest will be evaluated based on experience, education/training, expertise, and references’ feedback. Following the selection of short-listed candidates, the OneReef Executive Team will conduct a screening process, which may include an in-person meeting. Final selection and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Submissions should be entitled: Expression of Interest for OneReef Micronesia.
Email submissions to: email@example.com