Vibrant Reefs, Thriving Communities
Partner with island communities to combine traditional stewardship and modern resources to protect coral reefs.
OneReef is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded on the insight that island communities are more effective environmental stewards when their traditional knowledge and practices are combined with the right scientific, financial, and technical partnerships and resources. It ensures that practical and cost-effective solutions emerge.
Examples of partnerships and resources include:
- Developing and supporting community marine management plans
- Mentoring to build local capacity for effective coral reef management
- Establishing sustainable financing plans
- Training, tools and infrastructure to protect reefs
- Science-based monitoring to measure impact